SQIL’s goal is for participants to attain fundamental knowledge in four key areas that comprise the Learning Health System – patient safety, quality, informatics and leadership through a blended learning format allowing participants to play a key role as leaders in their local health care system.
Upon completion of the program, participants will have gained the skills and understanding:
- To articulate the key concepts in patient safety, quality, informatics
- To identify the way in which effective change can occur within complex health care systems
- To cultivate a toolkit of strategies to address challenges encountered in solving problems related to the interplay of quality, safety and informatics
- To develop and sharpen leadership skills through written and oral presentation as well as team project work
- To integrate key concepts for leadership roles in quality improvement, patient safety and/or informatics within your own health care organization or system