Drawing from best practices across Harvard Medical School’s education curriculum and evidence-based methodologies, this program offers you the opportunity to:
- Gain the skill sets, techniques and strategies to design a highly engaging, interactive educational curriculum for your home institution
- Understand the process of adult learning and how it should impact medical education
- Master small group teaching and case-based collaborative learning
- Apply the principles of curriculum development to classroom, clinical and remote-learning settings
- Recognize and implement the necessary elements for successful curriculum reform
- Integrate simulation and modern technology to enhance teaching and learning
- Become a more effective and committed advisor who knows how to guide and inspire others
- Develop a network of like-minded clinical educators from around the world
- Optimize evaluations and assessments and provide more productive feedback
- Apply the core ethical principles of medical education research to classroom and clinical teaching
- Understand underlying theory from a conceptual perspective, incorporating learning sciences and other justifications for the content
The Harvard Medical School is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Harvard Medical School designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 14.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Credits can be claimed only for the on-demand video portion of the program.
Training to Teach in Medicine
The application is currently closed. Please fill out our form for updates on when the next application becomes available.