Specialized Tracks and Pathways
Is the Master of Medical Sciences in Clinical Investigation
a Residential or Online Program?
The program is being planned as a residential program (both the Translational Investigation and Clinical Investigation tracks). The learning model will utilize a mix of in-person and online teaching methods. The main component of the program is the mentored research experience and is required to be residential.
What is the weekly time commitment of this degree program?
All students are expected to attend all lectures in each course, whether they are delivered by in-person or online teaching methods. One can expect to spend an average of 30 – 40 hours per week engaged with coursework and the mentored research experience.
- A two-year intensive, mentored research experience at a Harvard-affiliated laboratory in Boston
- Leading clinical and translational research faculty from Harvard Medical School, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health and laboratories from Harvard-affiliated organizations
- Fully integrated curriculum designed specifically for MMSCI students
- Contemporary pedagogical approaches such as “flipped classroom” methods, team-based learning and development of critical thinking skills
- Specialized tracks and pathways for individualized learning
- A biostatistician will be assigned to each student. They will help the student to download, clean and prepare datasets for analysis; help with analysis and interpretation of data.
Specialized Tracks and Pathways for Individualized Learning
To complement individual learning and development, the program provides students the choice of a Clinical Investigation (CI) or a Translational Investigation (TI) track and places a core emphasis on practical skills and team-based approaches in each track’s training. Additionally for individualized learning, the CI track offers a comparative research pathway and a clinical trials pathway and the TI track offers a Drug Discovery and Development pathway.
Get access to the latest information and stay up-to-date on program details by completing the form below: