Is the Master of Medical Sciences in Clinical Investigation
a Residential or Online Program?
The program is being planned as a residential program (both the Translational Investigation and Clinical Investigation tracks). The learning model will utilize a mix of in-person and online teaching methods. The main component of the program is the mentored research experience and is required to be residential.
What is the weekly time commitment of this degree program?
All students are expected to attend all lectures in each course, whether they are delivered by in-person or online teaching methods. One can expect to spend an average of 30 – 40 hours per week engaged with coursework and the mentored research experience.
- Students become leaders and gain practical experience with individual research projects, scientific writing and statistical programming
- An intensive, mentored research experience at a Harvard-affiliated laboratory in Boston
- Leading clinical and translational research faculty from Harvard and Harvard-affiliated institutions
- Coursework that stimulates critical thinking with technical training and knowledge in hands-on research
- Specialized Clinical and Translational tracks with Comparative Research, Clinical Trials and Drug Discovery and Development pathways for individualized learning
- An experienced biostatistician will be available to work directly with students to provide support and help them achieve their academic and research goals
Specialized Tracks and Pathways for Individualized Learning
To complement individual learning and development, the program provides students the choice of a Clinical Investigation (CI) or a Translational Investigation (TI) track and places a core emphasis on practical skills and team-based approaches in each track’s training. Additionally for individualized learning, the CI track offers a Comparative Research and a Clinical Trials pathway. The TI track offers a Systems Biology and Analysis of Omics Data and a Drug Discovery and Development pathway.
Master of Medical Sciences in Clinical Investigation
Program Begins: July 2023
Program Format: In-person in Boston, MA
The application is currently closed. Please fill out our form for updates on when the next application becomes available in early August 2023.