For qualified program candidates, limited tuition support is available in the form of a 25-50 percent reduction. Tuition assistance is awarded to students based on merit and eligibility. The HMS PGME Tuition Assistance Committee will review eligibility based on the criteria outlined below.
- No assistance is provided for workshop travel, program materials or other course-related expenses.
- Harvard Medical School Tuition Reduction cannot be combined with the early application discount.
How to Apply for Tuition Assistance
During the application process, you will be prompted to indicate your interest in tuition assistance consideration and will be asked to submit a statement outlining the basis of your request.
- The statement should be no less than 250 words and no more than 500 words.
- The statement should focus on your financial need and describe how this program will impact your career and the community in which you serve.
Only completed applications will be considered for tuition assistance.
The following tuition assistance options are available for this program:
Harvard Medical School Tuition Reduction
Harvard Medical School will provide tuition assistance to candidates of high merit who are citizens and current residents of low-to-middle income countries as defined by the World Bank.
Tuition reduction cannot be combined with the early registration fee or any other discounts.
To prepare your application for submission, please have the following documents available:
- Current contact information and credentials: This information is required for the online application.
- Curriculum vitae/résumé/list of awards or publications: You will be prompted to upload either your CV or résumé (.doc, .pdf).
- Written statement: Please provide a 250-500 word explanation as to why you would like to be considered for this program. Please note, you may be asked for additional information to support of your submission. All program specific requirements can be found within the application.
- Letter of recommendation: The recommender must be a department/division head/director/chair or supervisor. The letter should be dated within 12 months of the application submission date and should address your suitability for the program and support your attendance at the workshops. Please note: The letter of recommendation may be submitted at a later date, but it is required for your application to be considered.
- Tuition assistance: If you are requesting tuition assistance, you will be prompted to submit a statement in support of your request. Please read the Tuition Assistance section above for further details.
There is no application fee for this program.
Accepted applicants may be eligible to enter a payment plan to help budget their tuition. To request enrollment into a payment plan, a request must be submitted in writing to email@example.com.
Credit Card — Preferred Method
Credit card payments are accepted through your application account. Please refer to your tuition invoice for complete payment details. We recommend that you contact your credit card issuer to pre-authorize your payment.
Reference HMS Surgical Leadership Program — [Student last name] in the memo section of the wire.
Please wire funds in US dollars to:
Bank Name: Bank of America
Bank Address: 100 Federal Street, Boston, MA 02110
WIRE ABA#: 026009593
SWIFT Code: BOFAUS3N
Account Name: President and Fellows of Harvard College
Account #: 9372639404
- Please inquire with your bank about any fees associated with sending a wire transfer, including any from an intermediary bank. Applicants are responsible for all associated wire transfer fees and should increase the total amount transferred to cover tuition and fees in full.
- Please send a copy of your transaction receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org to allow our team to both track and process your order.
Make check payable in U.S. Dollars to Harvard Medical School and mail to the following address:
PO BOX 417476
BOSTON, MA 02241-7476
Reference HMS Surgical Leadership Program — [Student last name] on the memo line of the check.
- We are unable to process payments submitted via peer-to-peer payment applications, such as Venmo, PayPal, etc.
- Cash payment are not accepted.
An email confirmation will be sent to you upon receipt of your paid registration.
We regret that we are unable to provide refunds should an applicant register then be unable to attend the program.
A full refund will be given should the program be canceled due to insufficient enrollment. Notification of cancellation will be provided at least 30 days prior to the program’s start date.
Notice of Admittance
We will acknowledge receipt of all applications and maintain all application information in strict confidence.
Students can expect to hear a decision on their application within four to six weeks from the date all application materials were submitted.
The application is currently closed. Please fill out our form for updates on when the next application becomes available.