For qualified program candidates, limited tuition support is available in the form of a 25-50 percent reduction. Tuition assistance is awarded to students based on merit and eligibility. The HMS PGME Tuition Assistance Committee will review eligibility based on the criteria outlined below.
- No assistance is provided for workshop travel, program materials or other course-related expenses.
How to Apply for Tuition Assistance
During the application process, you will be prompted to indicate your interest in tuition assistance consideration and will be asked to submit a statement outlining the basis of your request.
- The statement should be no less than 250 words and no more than 500 words.
- The statement should focus on your financial need and describe how this program will impact your career and the community in which you serve.
Only completed applications will be considered for tuition assistance.
The following tuition assistance options are available for this program:
Harvard Medical School Tuition Reduction
Harvard Medical School will provide tuition assistance to candidates of high merit who are citizens and current residents of low-to-middle income countries as defined by the World Bank.
To prepare your application for submission, please have the following documents available:
- Current contact information and credentials: This information is required for the online application.
- Curriculum vitae/résumé/list of awards or publications: You will be prompted to upload either your CV or résumé (.doc, .pdf).
- Personal statement: A 250-500 word personal statement explaining why you would like to be considered for the Effective Writing for Health Care program. Your statement should include a brief description of your background, your area of professional interest, how this course will impact your career, as well as the institution and country where you work.
- Written statement: A writing sample in support of your application. Your writing sample should not be more than 2 pages in length.
- Tuition assistance: If you are requesting tuition assistance, you will be prompted to submit a statement in support of your request. Please read the Tuition Assistance section above for further details.
Please note: Effective Writing for Health Care requires a high level of English reading and writing proficiency.
There is no application fee for this program.
Accepted applicants may be eligible to enter a payment plan to help budget their tuition. To request enrollment into a payment plan, a request must be submitted in writing to email@example.com.
Credit Card — Preferred Method
Credit card payments are accepted through your application account. Please refer to your tuition invoice for complete payment details. We recommend that you contact your credit card issuer to pre-authorize your payment.
Reference HMS Effective Writing for Health Care — [Student last name] in the memo section of the wire.
Please wire funds in US dollars to:
Bank Name: Bank of America
Bank Address: 100 Federal Street, Boston, MA 02110
WIRE ABA#: 026009593
SWIFT Code: BOFAUS3N
Account Name: President and Fellows of Harvard College
Account #: 9372639404
- Please inquire with your bank about any fees associated with sending a wire transfer, including any from an intermediary bank. Applicants are responsible for all associated wire transfer fees and should increase the total amount transferred to cover tuition and fees in full.
- Please send a copy of your transaction receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org to allow our team to both track and process your order.
Make check payable in U.S. Dollars to Harvard Medical School and mail to the following address:
PO BOX 417476
BOSTON, MA 02241-7476
Reference HMS Effective Writing for Health Care — [Student last name] on the memo line of the check.
- We are unable to process payments submitted via peer-to-peer payment applications, such as Venmo, PayPal, etc.
- Cash payment are not accepted.
An email confirmation will be sent to you upon receipt of your paid registration.
We regret that we are unable to provide refunds should an applicant register then be unable to attend the program.
A full refund will be given should the program be canceled due to insufficient enrollment. Notification of cancellation will be provided at least 30 days prior to the program’s start date.
Notice of Admittance
We will acknowledge receipt of all applications and maintain all application information in strict confidence.
Students can expect to hear a decision on their application within four to six weeks from the date all application materials were submitted.
Want to Learn More?
Get access to the latest information and stay up-to-date on program details by completing the form below: